Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hello.

I signed up to be on the waiting list a while back, and so much has happened since then.

We are lucky that we live in a house without rent. I can't imagine what life would be like without that help, though I know we would make it somehow. DH works for the state so his job should be secure. I stay home with 4 kids. We home school. I feel so much for all the families around me, who struggle just like we do.

We have a small farm that we hope someday will really help us financially and by providing food, but this year has been a mess. It started last winter when our (then) youngest was sick and we did not know why, and continued as I had a rough pregnancy and we couldn't do everything we hoped with canning and gardening. Then, of course, baby was born and changed everything anew like babies do. And now, we are absorbing a possibility of autism for our toddler, while also doing a long series of elimination diets to rule out allergies. The expense of alternative foods is pretty great in the Midwest, where we have to drive over an hour just to find a place that sells such things. It has been a humbling year.

Time seems to fly when things are tough financially, and it is already Christmastime. DH and I would like to present the kids with a few, special gifts, but I don't see how it will happen this year. We found someone on craigslist who is offering us her donated upright piano- we are hoping that will be a 'whole family' gift, but still would like to put something under the tree for our three oldest. They are in need of more age appropriate toys. games and books. I think about making them items, sewing or knitting, but between our (undiagnosed) high-needs toddler and our little bundle of a 4 month old I am barely holding the house together. Our toddler, Anatoly, could use some special items for his hypo-sensitivity, possibly a weighted vest, blanket, or deep pressure playclothes. We are only now begiining our journey into a diagnosis, though or newest doctor seems convinced Toly is autistic.

We have always said to ourselves, next year will be different! And I still believe that is true. Thank you for taking the time to read about us.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...