instead of measuring today by how much i get done, i am going to measure it by how much i can involve the kids.
i can't teach them to have a joyful life at home if i don't have one, too. as simple as that sounds, life has become strained for me. i love it, but i am worn out, intensely tired, and it shows. this isn't how i want to be/ live/ parent/ exist. the kind of tired i am has nothing to do with the farm or garden or chores. ykwim?
so we'll make tortillas and cinnamon rolls and apple cake. together. and we'll fold the clothes together so i can sew for them. and we'll start some seeds together in the greenhouse. and i am calling to cancel OT/ EI. (ok i realize that is a totally different subject... but still. i'll write about it later.)
so i am making sort of a challenge like you see on blogs. starting today, i hope to update each tuesday about my week of living and what i did to change.here are my goals so far:
- parent more, yell less, practice patience with the kids
- involve the kids, be aware of them
- listen more, meet anatoly's needs.
- live more- plan, prepare, and enjoy homemaking. put my whole self into it.
- break routines- stay up, allow myself to sew and clean and do tasks outside of the normal routine.
- run a tighter ship. finish tasks i start in order to enjoy the satisfaction of having completed them.
- heal myself. remember to take supplements, drink water, kombucha.