Saturday, August 29, 2009

Domestic Day

Today I did about 10 loads of laundry and folded 3. The other 7 are still on the line. I can only fit 7 on the line if I crowd my diapers and one of the loads in on the inside line, too. I still have 3 or 4 loads ready to be washed, and one on the washer to be hung. This is my life. Heh.

Tonight I made two beautiful pumpkin pies with one of our pumpkins. You will not often hear me raving about my own pie because it is mediocre most of the time. But these were perfect in every way. I blame my Cuisinart food processor. This was my first time using it to make pastry and pureeing pumpkin both. As a splurgish gift, Karl replaced my defunct 1964 Hamilton Beach with a brand new Cuisinart 14 cup delight of a machine, and it is a beautiful thing. Here it is here. The pies were great and I love my new toy.

I also made pork chops and our own steamed carrots. Sometimes I wonder how we eat like kings but are too poor at times to afford basics like, say, electricity.

The kids are distinctly themselves. I like them a lot. How could they know that the harder they push me the more I will love them?
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...