Monday, November 02, 2009

baked oatmeal is love

I made baked oatmeal this morning. I really can't see it getting any better than this, unless we had raw milk and cream to pour over it. (And we will!) I know a lot of people make this, but it is rare and new in our house. Tristan and Karl both loved it this time, though, so I may add it to my regularly scheduled breakfast. Here is my recipe, which can be multiplied as many times as you need:

3 cups rolled oats
up to 1 cup honey, by taste
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder (I use aluminum free, you could also use soda and tartar)
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk, cream, or combination
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla

I mix this together right in a big, deep baking dish and spread it evenly once mixed. Let soak in the fridge overnight. In the morning I put it in a 350 degree oven, uncovered, for about 30-45 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve hot with cold milk or cream.

 

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...