Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Birthday

It is my birthday. I was greeted with cheerful hugs when I woke up. Tristan had made me a card. Kassi is making me a 'secret' gift, which I am letting be secret because what I need more than anything right now is coffee. The little ones kept me up most of the night, and I stayed up late to begin with. Late, for me, is midnight. It is now 6:30 am and I have been up for less than an hour. Karl just left for work.

I am 29 years old today. Or, as the children noticed, almost thirty. I have, for the first time in my life, fleeting feelings of panic about it. Not because I don't want to age, but because life is sliding past, like a cup of water tilting, and recently It has exponentially increased its speed.

I am happy. I am the kind of happy where I think no one could really understand. No one has been this sort of happy before me. That is how I feel.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...