Monday, December 07, 2009

Have I Mentioned

How much Anatoly is changing. My heart is about to burst with all the changes he is making. He is still, of course, his quirky self. But he is expressing love all of the time. He is thinking into the future and saying things like

Mom, I I want to tell you, I want to tell you something.

Then I say, what is it?

I, I. I, I I w-will, I will grow up? I will grow up bi- big?

The I say, yes, you will grow up big.

I wi-will, I I I I I will be just plain Toly? I will be big?

Then I say, Yes, you will still be Toly. But Bigger.

(squeals of excitement from Toly)

Little lights don't work. Bi-big bi-big li lights do work. Mom, I want to tell you something! Li-little lights li little lights don't work! (this is a conversation we have several times a day for the past few weeks, and i have no idea what he is talking about but I play along.)

Then I say, What do you want to tell me?

etc, etc.

I love Anatoly. I feel so good about where we are these days.

(yes Toly has a strong stammer/ stutter, which is hard to translate into typing. It gets very strong when he is tired. He has a hard time completing a sentence without it showing up at the best of times, but when he is tired conversation can be impossible. )
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...