Saturday, September 25, 2010

A regular day, now



Rome is and has always been a peaceful fellow.



Tristan has a No Book Left Unread policy.



I made 6 cups of sour cream yesterday,



This is two milkings or so.



Not pretty, but butter measured in 4 oz packages, for baking.



I made mozzarella from 4 gallons of milk. Here it is not yet finished.



Then I used the whey to make ricotta,



Here the ricotta is quite done. I ended up with 3 cups- you don't get much ricotta the old fashioned way. But it is the best you've ever tasted.



Karl bought me a shelf just for milking stuff. (As you can see, it has already been infiltrated by the sandwich tray, bulk foods, canning jars and the canner... oh, well.) Now I have a place for my clean jars, filters, cloths, lids, everything!



Too much milk!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...