Thursday, October 21, 2010

Book Candy

Darkly Dreaming Dexter


Books like this should be restricted substances. I want more, but am strangely unsatisfied no matter how deeply I am entangled.


I have finished the book, and feel the need to add a little more opinion:


Dreadfully Disappointing Dexter, the first book I have ever read that was not as good as a film or tele series based on it. At first I was subconsciously holding Dexter the Showtime Character in my head as I read this story, so it felt good and right, The first 1/2" of the book is almost word-for-word the first episode of Season 1. After that, though, I found it harder and harder to reconcile Dexter with Dexter, and by the end of the book I was thoroughly annoyed. Perhaps later Dexter novels make him richer, give him purpose... something. And, perhaps, the series was based upon more substance that I am not aware of. But I feel no need to read any more Dexter.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...