Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Few Dietary Changes

I'm 'on a diet', as they say. A while back I quit wheat and dairy. The results were amazing.  I felt better, even good. There were more hours in my day. And I lost weight, naturally. My skin was clearer, my hormones less erratic, all was well. When Jocelyn calved I went back on dairy- albeit raw. Somewhere in there wheat snuck back in, and even this week you could find me at any meal consuming wheat like everyone else.

See, wheat loves me. And I love wheat. Who among you will come between us?

 The whole time I knew I was misbehaving. See, I don't believe I am allergic to wheat, I believe I have a serious candida issue. The kind woo-woo doctors think everyone has, the kind that makes you dumb and sleepy and moody.

So here I am, 3 days back off the wheat. In addition I am off sweets, although for now I am allowing myself occasional rice and as much raw or cultured dairy as I desire. (We rarely eat rice, so I haven't forbidden it. As for milk, you won't find me milking a cow twice a day by hand and not drinking the milk thank-you-very-much.)

Another facet of my new diet is Calorie Restriction. I am not exploring this to live longer, although I would like to live long. I would like to lose some weight. It seems like while wheat and sweets are off the menu I may as well make the most of it. So instead of my recommended 2600 calories per day (where do they get this stuff from?) I am sticking to about 1600. This has been surprisingly easy, even eating in a Traditional Foods way.

I am making all my foods just like before, with heavy cream and butter and lard and meat. I am just eating less of them. I found today that I didn't even hit 1600 calories and I ate well, like my new full-fat Neufchatel, eggs, sausage, bacon, apples and bananas and cream in my coffee. We had a delicious pasta sauce with pork and mushrooms... see I am not malnourished.

At the same time I am taking Concentrace liquid minerals daily along with good cod liver oil. This is just in case.

Carlson Labs Norwegian Natural Vitamin E Cod Liver Oil, Lemon, 500mlLiqumins ConcenTrace Trace Mineral Drops, Low Sodium, 8-Ounce Bottle

This morning I had 4 eggs scrambled in butter with fresh farmhouse cheese and a teaspoon of chopped, raw garlic.

I hope to keep updating on how it goes. So far, so good.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...