Sunday, December 12, 2010

Another Life



Karl and I talk about it a lot. The choice to leave was so complete that we can barely recall what tied us to our farm. I haven't cried over it. I remember it like I remember my childhood: a story. I am certain that in time I will feel the call to grow things and be around animals. I am also sure I can find ways to meet those needs, whether through small gardening, volunteering, or community programs.

We were at Little Farm yesterday, which is part of Tilden Park's Nature Area. There is a small farm display with Milking Shorthorn cattle, poultry of many kids, a pig, and so on. You can pet and feed the animals. I didn't feel the urge to farm. But I do desire to plant a small patch of greens, I do feel that.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...