Sunday, June 19, 2011

Songs that sound different to me now. This may become a series.





When I was a caveman painting on the walls
I never had a dollar, man I had it all
And I
Was very high
In the order of things
Just one step and I'd spread my wings
And fly Oh I would fly
When I was a liar screaming at the walls
I never heard a whisper, I could not hear at all
And I
Could only cry
For pity of me
Never knew the truth
Might set me free
Around we go these faces show
They leave and every one seems ever real
Each one is truly mine
They never last, but at the time
It's how I feel
When I was a dreamer floating through the walls
Nothing was forever, I could change it all
And I
Could live with my heart on my sleeve
I could save your soul
I do believe
Then I'll be an old man staring at the wall
Looking for an answer to make sense of it all
And I can safely say that if it comes my way
It will not stay for long
And I'll be on my way before it's gone
Around we go these faces show
They leave and every one seems ever real
Each one is truly mine
They never last, but at the time
It's how I feel

But when I was a caveman
When I was a caveman
I had it all.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...