Monday, October 28, 2013

Basic Pocket Pants from Growing Up Sew Liberated

I recently bought this pattern book and I am really happy that I did. It is easy to follow and full of fun ideas. I initially purchased it for the baby stuff, but ended up making the Basic Pocket Pants as my first project. Rome really liked them.

I have a bunch of very heavy linen in the form of industrial table cloths I picked up at the East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse. I chose to make the body of the pants from these linens and accent them with fun prints Rome chose.

 
 

I put these in the wrong order. The red pants were my second version. There is only one detail I changed, but it really improved the fit of the pants. I doubled the waistband thickness so that 1" elastic could fit instead and I used 1" waistband elastic which is less prone to rolling. Much more comfortable fit. This is a simple alteration that anyone can make. Just cut the waistband thicker.

He loves them! And it takes only about 1/4 of a yard of print to make them fancy. He chose Busytown and Helicopters. 




Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...