Saturday, November 02, 2013

Blankie for Baby

When Anatoly was born, we wrapped him in a handknit blanket my best friend had made for me. Almost every newborn picture of him features this wonderful gift. If the blanket isn't pictured, it is because it was in the wash. That's a great feature of the blanket- it's knit of cotton and therefore easy to wash. We still have it, though it has seen much wear.

Still wet from birth.
Daddy with his new son. 
Blanket in the background.
I just cast on another cotton blanket for this baby. We will of course make use of Toly's as we did when Rome came along, but I thought it would be fun to have a blanket on my needles over the holidays.

New Blanket in the works!
Thanks to Phoebe for the original gift! We're due 4 weeks apart this time. As close as we have ever been!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...