Monday, November 04, 2013

Cabbages, Broccoli and Cauliflower, oh my!

I planted the seedlings today. To do so I had to rip out a few fall tomatoes, which gave me a large basket of green tomatoes to make something out of this week. The kids are going to love growing broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower. They are such beautiful plants and love the weather we get here. 
There they are, all neatly planted. 

Tree Collard. This is a perennial that can grow 7 or 8 feet tall. Produces yummy collard-like green leaves.

Happy beginnings.

From the other side.

Tomorrow's work: Planting peas. 
The peas will go in the front where I already have a trellis in place. I hope they like it out there. Being from Missouri, I have never had any luck with peas. But I am told they do well here and it would make sense for them to.

I am placing soaker hose to keep these babies wet until the rains set in. At that point it will probably be some months before I water again, but it will be nice to have the soakers in place.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...