Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Sitting

I can’t seem to muster my courage and do anything other than sitting, reading about and worrying about Nazis.

I told my kids about Nazis like they were dinosaurs- long ago, kids, there were Nazis.

Of course I knew there were Neo-Nazis and other despicable types. I grew up in solid KKK country. But these were fringe groups that any reasonable person wouldn’t give the time of day.

Now there are people in suits, videos of them, pictures, giving each other Nazi salutes. There are Nazis being chosen for our highest places of power. Nazi symbols defacing schools.

I had the first of many talks with my older kids yesterday where I spoke about Nazis not as relics of an old war, but as a real and present enemy.



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2fOH46Y
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...